Versión en Español
2004 was more or less one big camp, this year will be different with 3-4 times as many people. Camps are great opportunity to participate and share. So - here is our humble contribution....
Camp Oasis / 1001 Nights
When traveling through the hot desert, there's nothing like the sight of an oasis. Shade, water and life. The perfect place to camp for a few days before heading further into the unknown. Influenced by middle eastern/persian culture and tradition this camp will be a trip into a different and magic world. A world of 1001 nights, persian poetry, art, performance (any belly dancers?), and whatever surprises its temporary inhabitants will bring.
"The water seeks the thirsty as earnestly as the thirsty seeks the water"
Ideas and concepts
- Oasis decoration: palms, grass, water, etc
- Shade-structures for 20-30 people
- Multipurpose space for performances, games, open-mic
- Persian poesy (small poems written random places for exploration)
- Initiation game for first time participants
- Ambient/middle eastern music
- Water-pipe for everyone
- Middle eastern/persian food/drinks/pastry
- Kitchen facilities for its inhabitants
We're open to all kind of suggestions...
Who are we?
(Pamplona) and Peter
Oasis Camp in Nowhere 2005
So finally we joined other groups and created an three space shaded area under the Dome: CostumeExchange DroneZoneMassage
We joined RoadtoNowhere
kitchen and have lots of fun.
This is the picture of the Oasis area under the dome: we build several low benches and have 20 plus cushions and other decoration.
All this material is kept in the storage area, so Oasis Camp will return in Nowhere 2006.