The concept of Radical Self-Reliance exists to encourage a high degree of responsibility at all levels. NoWhere
is NOT a festival in which all home comforts are supplied. You are expected to look after yourself and everyone else. The success of this principle is crucial to the event.
There is NO COMMERCE at NoWhere
, no shops, no cafes. If you don't organise it yourself, you will not be able to buy it at NoWhere
. It is a good idea to try to organise with a group if possible. If you are coming alone join the Nowhere MailingList
to find a group, camp or project.
We STRONGLY suggest that you bring the following:
See also: WhatToTake
- Enough water per person per day (for drinking, showering, washing, and food preparation.)
- Enough food/beverages for your entire party.
- First-aid kit.
- Warm clothing for evenings.
- Bedding and shelter of some type. A good camp tent is recommended along with warm sleeping bags.
- Garbage bags.
- Any required prescriptions, contact lens supplies etc.
- Flashlights and spare batteries (headlamps are useful) - to be sure you can see and be seen at night.
- Sunscreen/sunblock lotion and sunglasses.
- Common sense, an open mind, and a positive attitude.