Road 2 Nowhere is not a ThemeCamp as such but an attempt to make getting to Nowhere easier by pooling energy and resources for things like food, water and showers and shipping from the UK. Please note the your ticket to the event DOES NOT cover food and water!!!
If you want to join in with Road2Nowhere
crew you will need to pay a camp fee of ukp50/eur75 in addition to your Nowhere2005
ticket. This is to pay for the shared food,water and infrastuctue (Cooking, Showers, etc). Contact Santi on the NowhereCrew
page for details.
Join the email list∞
(the Yahoo group does not seem to be working, so we moved all the R2N stuff over to this site).
What this means tho, is that we're going to need a bit of extra organisation. Which, I guess starts here. We need to know what people want to do communally. The plan, at the moment, stands at us sorting out water collectively, buying and cooking food collectively, and sorting out showers collectively. Some people also want to try to organise a bar.
At the moment, we need people to volunteer for the following tasks:
- This includes getting people to cook on each night, collating a shopping list and organising kitchen equipment. Jennifer is going to be organising some of the food stuff. However, she is not getting to Nowhere till the 22nd/23rd, so it would be good to have someone who is liaising with her now who will be on site for the whole duration of the event.
- I have 1 electric grill plate for Teppanyaki - some of you who attended meeting at Santi's and Eds will have seen it in action
I also have one very large pot.
If they are required, let me know and I'll arrange for them to be shipped ~ Kat (NeKo
The concept in BRC 'Cult of Alice 2003' was working really well. See this pic∞
. Very easy to build. - Would need something like 5 x 3m of 46mm x 46mm and 2 x 3m of the 25mm x 30mm wood. And a few screws and rope. -> That's for 2 solar showers. Also we need a 3m x 3m (larger would be better so more water could evaporate) tarp and same size wood (3m x 3m for a 3m x 3m tarp ... )
- I can help with building a shower (Yulia)
- I can help (Stefan - SbassHigh)
- I can help also (Peter). Do we also need a pit for the kitchen water? (Speaking as the one who emptied the kitchen pit in Alice Camp I can tell that these can get quite nasty!!) Good one. Yes so we need the 2nd tarp and the wood. Updated it downwards.
- From Stefan
- Wood: 5 x 46mm x 46mm x 3m
- Wood: 2 x 25mm x 30mm x 3m (where did I get those sizes from? Anything near that sizes will do.)
- Wood: 4 x 38 x 38mm x 4m
- Tarp: 2 x 4m x 4m - We have 2 x 4m x 3m tarps. - Will do!
- String: 3 x 2,5m to pull up the solar showers and fix them at the support
- Screws, Nails - We'll have plenty
- how many solar showers do we have? 2 - 3 were good to have! - We have at least 3, (Paul, Dave, Yoms) - Great! Thinking of bringing one as well.
Guess 35euros for the wood. Need something like 4mm x 80mm screws and 50mm nails.
People can share responsibility for each of these things. If we are going to do a bar thingy, then someone needs to come forward for that too.
If you want to get involved in this communal effort, we need to know at the latest, by one month before the event. You will also need to pay one month before the event. At the moment, we are talking about collecting 75 Euros form everyone to cover water, equipment, food and the bar, if that goes ahead. Please note that this in addition to your ticket to the event, which you will have to buy yourself.
The email list is up and running, so come on folks, do we have an volunteers for anything? Anyone out there want to get involved in anyway whatsoever?
Please update Road2NowhereFoodRequirements
with the days which you will be present at Nowhere, and will require food. Also, please include any dietary requirements on that page.
If you are going to volunteer to cook, prep or clean up, please your name into the Road2NowhereCookingSchedule
page, so we know who's cooking when.
If you're volunteering to cook, please your ingredient and equipment requirements into Road2NowhereMenu
- Jenny - Vegetarian
- Neil - Eats fish, but no meant, allergic to nuts
- Dave - Doesn't eat spicy food.
- Yulia - Eats everything tasty, especially sweets and chocolate, can survive on ice-cream. Cooks terribly and can not clean to save the life…
- SbassHigh + Tali - Vegetarian
- Michelle - anything except for Grapefruit (spawn of the devil!) and oysters (very very very sick with those little fuckers!) but i guess there won't be that many of them there!
- Esteban El Hombre :: Fish, veg, pulses and grains
- Sam - veggie
- - BobG - Vegetarian
- Apparently cell phones *will* work at nowhere
- +44 (0)7973 265774 - arriving wednesday with tessa and ice.
- Esteban El Hombre :: +44 (0)7850 927547 arriving friday pm with a bunch of supplies
+44 (0)7813 994539 arriving Tuesday
+44 (0)7931 851 033 arriving Thursday
Neil and Jenny will be arriving on the 22nd/23rd, so could bring a shipment of freshies with them.